REGISTRATION FOR THE 2016-2017 SCHOOL YEAR IS NOW OPEN!
Click here to register
YES: Youth Experience Stewardship (Grades 3-5)
The Colorado River Alliance has worked directly with teachers who have limited time and funds to deliver powerful, field-based learning to their students. We understand the need to get children outside and engaged in nature while providing thought provoking curriculum. This TEKS-aligned, FREE four-hour field experience inspires students to be lifelong stewards of the Texas Colorado River, and connect them to STEM role models and activities.
Our Title Redbud Sponsor is Time Warner Cable’s Connect A Million Minds. Thank you!
Today’s students are tomorrow’s leaders. The Alliance’s Youth Environmental Stewardship (Y.E.S.) field trip delivers measurable increases in learning about drinking water sources, pollution, and the water cycle. Students travel through four hands-on, interactive stations where they explore:
- Geology and geography of Texas
- Sources of drinking water
- Attributes of a healthy watershed
- Pollution and the water cycle
- Effects of drought on our water supplies
- Water conservation methods (Watch a Video!)
Here’s a chart of the TEKS covered during this field trip:
Students & Teachers can Expect:
- A full day of FREE field-based learning at a state-of-the-art facility!
- TEKS-aligned activities, (see applicable TEKS above)
- Personal student field journals that can be used back in the classroom!
- Maximum group size per day is 60 students. Larger groups must register for multiple days
- Students should bring sack lunches for a picnic on the Redbud Center grounds mid-day.
- Field trips run between 9:30am -2:00pm Tuesday through Friday during the Fall and Spring semesters.
Download these forms before your trip!
- Bus Parking Map for Redbud Center Field Trips
- Photo Release Form- English
- Photo Release Form- Spanish
- Redbud Field Trip Teacher Guidelines
- Redbud Field Trip Vocabulary
“If teachers want a TEKS based, hands-on, fun filled learning experience, go!”
- Mitch Ingram, award-winning science and math teacher, Odom Elementary, AISD
“It was one of the best field trips I have ever taken a group of students on in my 15 years of teaching. Not only were the docents knowledgeable about the content, but they also worked well with diverse groups of children.”
–Cowan Elementary 4th grade Teacher