Afterschool Programs – Customized Environmental Education
Summer 2017 Field Trip Registration is now open! Please register here for afterschool and summer field trips.
The Colorado River Alliance provides customized educational programming for various student groups including afterschool programs, scout troops, church groups, and summer camps. These programs encourage students (grades 2nd-6th) to be stewards of the Colorado River and inspire this next generation to be sustainable citizens.
Programs are held Tuesday – Friday from 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. during the school year, and from 10:00am –12:00 p.m. during the summer months.
These Afterschool and Summer Programs are customizable depending on which topics interest your group! When completing the registration form, decide between the following options (Choose two options):
- Water Conservation- Discuss the average household’s water use and ways you can make an impact NOW!
- Austin’s Drinking Water- Explore the geography of the Texas Colorado River and tour models of the Highland Lake Dams.
- Watershed Protection- How does pollution enter our waterways? Discover the types of pollution and how they affect our daily lives.
- Water Cycle- Go in-depth with the water cycle and how water is recycled over time.
- Wildlife Ecology- Learn about plant and animal interactions and explore the Wilkerson Center native plant gardens!
Thanks to Time Warner Cable’s Connect a Million Minds Program!