Groundwater to the Gulf (G2G) is a field-trip based institute for Central Texas teachers that emphasizes techniques for teaching water-based curricula. Participants follow the path of water in Central Texas from its origins to its final destination in the Gulf of Mexico. Topics include: hydrology, groundwater, urban watersheds, water quality, water protection, and water conservation.
2017 dates are: Tuesday, June 13 – Thursday, June 15
- Experience hands-on field experiences with local water experts: Water Science in Action!
- Receive FREE curricula, TEKS-aligned activities, and resources
- Learn about field trip opportunities for the school year
- Receive 22 ISD continuing education credits
Field trips and Activities
- Karst Tour: rock identification and a mini-caving trip at the LBJ Wildflower Center
- Behind the scenes tour of the Splash! Exhibit at Barton Springs
- Focus on service-learning projects including how to harvest rainwater and plan a successful campus cleanup
- A tour of LCRA’s Redbud Center and Wilkerson Center for Colorado River Education
- Discover McKinney Roughs Nature Park and raft down the Colorado River (NEW this year!)
How to Register
- Space is limited to 50 Educators with 10 extra spots on the 3rd day for alumni.
- Thank you for your interest in Groundwater to the Gulf. To register please fill out the online form: Register here!
- For prospective participants who have completed the online registration form, please confirm your registration by sending a refundable deposit in the amount of $50 made out to “Colorado River Alliance” within 10 days of your online registration. The deposit will be returned when you attend the conference. Mail checks to: Colorado River Alliance ATTN: Daniela Pennycook P.O. Box 50029 Austin, TX 78763
- Deadline for full refund in June 1, 2017. Once registration is full, you will be added to the waitlist and contacted if there are cancellations.
- Contact Daniela Pennycook with Colorado River Alliance at 512.498.1587 or at email@example.com with additional questions.
Groundwater to the Gulf Resources are on WikiLinks! So many resources at your fingertips!
You can reset your password with the “Forgot your password?” link. Simply enter your email and a new password will generate for you!!
Relevant Water News:
- Groundwater Awareness Week: March 5-11, 2017
- World Water Day: March 22, 2017
- World Oceans Day: June 8, 2017
- Visit our Facebook page to see past successes!
Brought to you by: